Samgyeopsal and Kimchi Fried Rice
Bacon & kimchi fried rice is a popular homemade meal. Try swapping the bacon with actual pork belly strips. It gives a whole new variation of kimchi fried rice.
1 strip of pork belly
1/2 tsp of minced ginger
1 tsp of minced garlic
1/4 cup of chopped onion
1/4 cup of cabbage kimchi + kimchi juice
1 cup of cooked, refrigerated rice
2 tbsp of chopped green onions
1/2 tsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp toasted sesame seeds
salt and black pepper
How to Make
- Fry the egg sunny-side up. Set aside.
- Heat the pan over medium heat. Slice the pork into bite-size chunks and add them to the pan.
- Once the meat changes colour add the ginger, garlic, and onion. Cook until the onions become translucent.
- Add the rice. I used leftover brown rice but white rice works well, too.
- Add the chopped kimchi and about 1~2 tbsp of kimchi juice.
- Add the green onions. Save about a tablespoon for garnish.
- Drizzle soy sauce and sesame oil. Mix well.
- Taste and season with salt if needed.
- Place the fried rice in a bowl and sprinkle sesame seeds, chopped green onions, and some freshly ground pepper.
- Top with fried egg and serve.